In this online segment learn how to use Facebook custom audiences- a step by step guide.
As you all know, social media marketing is gathering higher momentum among affluent and middle-scale enterprises. The reach is so much better. You can place ads in front of target audiences following this method. Analyze how the users have been purchasing products in the past? Does your customer always have doll-sets or baby products displayed via the ‘history page’ screen? You can display similar products. Like-wise you can make use of several campaigning techniques to attract your target audiences.
How to use Facebook Custom Audiences
Facebook is the social media channel having the highest viewership mandate across the globe. With over 1.47 billion users hooked to their FB accounts, things can never go wrong, especially if you want to capture the maximum web audiences across demographics.
We will learn the types of audiences where you derive your custom lists from:
Gathering lists from e-mails- the traditional method
You can procure lists from the data of customers. These were potential customers who might have done business with you on previous occasions. From newsletter subscriber lists or email lists you can get the data of customers who have been doing business with you on a regular basis. You can upload the information online and use a Facebook technique named hashing. This way, you can link to customer’s FB profiles while also keeping some of their confidential data protected.
Create custom audiences from the website
Facebook tools like FB engagement or FB pixels can help you capture the data. Especially from the site they have doing business with. Say for example, you can download an app named Facebook pixel. This is an engagement tool that can be of a paramount importance to your business entity. The FB pixel directly links the online customers via their respective FB profiles. This way, you can customize consumer lists. Segregate them according to their product category and display your niche.
Custom audiences via mobile app
This is yet another rave technique by which you can gather info about a specific range of customers. You can send invites to help them download your company’s mobile app. You will have to set up the tool via the ‘Facebook for Developers’ site. In case you want consumer preferences for your ad campaigns, the lists you procure via the app data can be of a great use.
Have you discovered three major ways on how you can create lists for your custom audiences? We will now let you know on how to create one:
- You can add customers from your own database. This can be via your email, website or mobile app. You can use a Word file to copy-paste the data of potential customers. You can further filter them on the basis of demography, age, product category, preferences or so on.
- If you want to customize lists from email addresses, you can import them directly from your Mail Chimp. This is a third party connection that lets you type in your login credentials. And then, you are all set to go.
- For creating look-alike audiences, you can use something like an LTV. This is a file that captures your most valuable customers.
- Now comes the time for you to accept Custom Audience ‘Terms of Service’. Essentially here you seek permission of customers on your list to obtain their data and share it too. You are requested to go through the terms and conditions thoroughly before you click on ‘I accept’.
- You can make use of Facebook’s data formatting practices to link best searches with their relevant profiles. But to segregate data in the right manner, these are the three key steps:
- Use separate columns for first names and last names.
- You should always use the country code before inputting phone numbers. The customers may belong to the same country. However their area codes have to be inputted correctly. Say for example, United States or Canada share the same country code which is 1.
- You can also include a separate column to represent the country your customers hail from. This way, you can get a clearer identity of their demography.
- It is important to have segregated data in a precise manner. You will have to upload the customer data file in a .CSV or .TXT format. You can copy paste the data in the box provided by the FB’s downloading app. You need to clearly mention the name of the audiences. Say Email subscribers, Mobile Users, Custom audience via website and so on.
- You can click on Next and wait for some time. Facebook will create your Custom audience in less than ½ an hour’s time.
Here we come to the third important segment, How to use Facebook custom audiences in this step by step guide. These are five important steps you will need to master. The points have again been collated in a bulleted form for an easier degree of understanding:
- You will have to open ‘Facebook Ads Manager’. Now click on ‘Create Ad’.
- You will need to follow the series of steps to create your own Ad campaign. If you are relatively new to FB advertising, you can take help from an experienced social media exponent.
- You can use filters or set the ad with respect to the ‘Select custom audience’. You can target email users, mobile users or Facebook logged-in users.
- You will further have to re-define your target audiences. Suppose you target new customers for running a discount campaign, you will need to make sure you exclude the existing customers off the list.
- Specify your budget and timing. This can be done on the app itself. Now you are all set to go.
This ‘How to use Facebook custom audiences- a step by step guide’ explains about the types of custom audiences, methodology to create lists and then finally on how to make use of the same. Try it out and see the results for yourself. You can also hire the expert services of a social media marketing agency to effectively complete the task for you!