The fuss over Digital Marketing in India and how I should gear up for the changes ahead had been bugging me for some time. Being a laggard in terms of accepting technology I had been putting a strong front to prevent any changes in my melancholic life. I read newspaper on the way to office and sometimes check mails and messages too. In fact the newspaper is a running joke in office and colleagues put the mobile phones all over my face every time some news breaks out. The whole discussion ends with – you’ll read it in papers tomorrow.
The world has become and you better catch up unless you want to be considered a dinosaur. Probably, the first thing you probably do in morning is to check your phone. What else could demonstrate the imperative nature of technology takeover? What is the first thing that pops in your head when you hear the term digital? Internet and technology, right?
Internet has caught the mood and fancy of Indians even in rural areas. India has the second highest internet user rate in world after China. With its demographic structure, growth of internet users in India will touch – 730 million. The technology influencing buying behavior the scope of digital marketing has been elevated.
Scope of Digital Marketing in India
Digital marketing is at an initial phase in India but it is now turning from optional advantage to necessity for survival. Every business needs digital marketing expertise to make its space in the cut-throat competition.
Success story of Flipkart , Snapdeal, Paytm demonstrates that India all set to plunge into digital arena.
High Growth rate and usage in business
The importance of digital marketing is derived from its features such as its cost effectiveness, instant response, flexibility, control, convenience and high ROI. With other industries clocking growth rate of 5-10%, digital media industry is booming high with 40% growth rate that is yet to rise in the coming years.
Big Market, few Experts
Finding an expert who has dirtied their hands not only as a service provider but also as a service taker is a big challenge. Yo Creativ is one of the major upcoming digital marketing agencies in India. It provides Digital Marketing Service in Gurgaon and Mumbai and also working on its own projects.
Good Pay Scale
With its growing demand digital marketing is one of the highest paying jobs in the market today. According to experts the pay scale is decent too.
- For fresher and beginners the salary starts from 3.6 lacs per year. It can range between 4.5-6 lacs in reputed companies.
- For 5-6 years of experience the salary ranges from 12-20 lacs/year
- With experience of above 12 years salary ranges from 20-50 lacs per year
- And in some rare cases it can be 80lacs to 1 crore per year.
There are few experts in India that lie in fourth category. Looking on Linkdin there will be about 500-1000 job opportunities for digital marketing manager in India.
Job opportunity for digital marketing in India
The very first thing is, to start with digital marketing you don’t need a tech background or coding skills. All that’s needed is – time, effort and knowledge about digital marketing tools. Job bases are both professional and entrepreneurial in nature and have their own merit and perils.
Professional work opportunity can include:
- Digital marketing consultant
- Start a digital marketing agency in India
- Professional blogger
- Affiliate marketing
- Freelancing services
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Social media manager
Not just a normal and regular job but digital marketing verticals allow you to be a part timer and earn from it. Such as:
- Video marketing
- Personal branding
- Niche blogging
Advantages of Digital Marketing
When compared to conventional traditional techniques, digital marketing has many advantages. Let look at the following
- Cost is low: Most of the businesses out there shell out a lot of money for advertisements and marketing needs. Conventional marketing do ask for this huge sum to show up there result. Whereas digital marketing can deliver the same result if not more for a much reduced price.
- Transparent: The most lucrative part about digital marketing is that it gives a scope to easily see the real time results. You would be able to ascertain what is working out and what is not.
- Wider reach: There is no reason to emphasis this point. It is obvious that digital platform provide you the power to reach out to the world to say what you want to say. This provides even a startup to compete with a much established business as they both travel in the same platform globally.
- Engagement: Literally the world is online. The average bounce rate of a website has increased and people just avoid the not so interesting subjects. It is very important to deliver the relevant and engaging content to grasp your customer’s attention. Creative marketing helps you to stay up your chart and keep your customers close. Digital marketing equips you to provide creative style of marketing to your customers.
- Image: Credibility is the most important aspect for an emerging business. It is always difficult for a small business to prove its credibility to its customer as it has to create a better brand image for itself before trying to showcase its talent. People tend to recognize a company/ a business with its brand. So the equation is simple make a better brand image and thus will help in building your customer base. Digital marketing provides you to create a better brand image all you need is quality content and some ethical techniques.
Digital marketing is not just a service that you can render to others but also gives you an edge to work on your idea. You can use this knowledge to build up your own business and something which YoCreativ has effectively done. Being one of the prominent web development and Digital Marketing Company in Gurgaon, YoCreativ also worked on its projects like I like Artist, Study Spectrum and is coming up with more such ventures soon. Having a stronghold in Website Development and Digital Marketing has its own advantages.
Digital marketing is going to be the most powerful way of marketing in future. Digital marketers in India will get better and bigger in the coming years.